Nenagh is serviced by the M& motorway to the south, and the N52 to the west. The theory test centre is located on Silver Street, in the heart of the town centre. Therefore, if arriving by car, please be rest assured that there are plenty of parking options available. We’ve highlighted a couple of nearby car parks below.
Friar Street Car Park
This site is situated a short, four-minute walk from the testing venue. The car park is 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, but only charges users between 8.30am-6.30pm, Monday through to Saturday. However, please note that parking prices differ on a Saturday compared to during the week. From Monday-Friday, parking costs €0.50 per hour. On a Saturday, the first three hours of parking are free, with the fourth hour charged at €0.50. Please be aware that this is a maximum stay car park, capped at four hours attendance. Nevertheless, this will be more than ample time to travel to the venue, conduct the theory test, and return to your vehicle. Parking outside of the aforementioned timeframe is free of charge.
Payment for parking can be made by cash, or through the Tipperary e-Parking line. To use this service, please call 1890-800-420, and reference the site’s location ID, 3506. Disabled spaces are available at this facility.
For reference, this car park only accommodates 28 vehicles, so parking availability is dependent on usage on the day. Therefore, it may also be worth considering Kenyon Street Car Park listed below, or an alternative site. For a full representation of local parking facilities, please visit the relevant Parkopedia page, located here.
To access the test centre from Friar Street Car Park, please exit the car park heading south on Friar Street, and progress for approximately 50m. At the crossroads, turn right, and continue down Abbey Street until its conclusion. Head right onto Kenyon Street, advance for around 20m and turn left at your first opportunity. From here, continue along Silver Street for 20m, noting the testing venue on your left-hand side.
Kenyon Street Car Park
The operational set-up of this car park is identical to Friar Street, facilitating the same opening hours, chargeable framework, maximum stay conditions and payment options. If using the Tipperary e-Parking service, please be aware that the Location ID is 3505. This site can hold 130 vehicles at any given time, and therefore might be the safer parking choice on arrival into Nenagh. Again, disabled spaces are available at this car park.
Onwards travel to the venue converges with the route given above. To get onto Kenyon Street, please head east on Cecil Walk, and turn left at the first junction. The Abbey Street turning mentioned in the Friar Street instructions is roughly 60m north of Cecil Walk. Therefore, please extend the earlier guidance given accordingly.
There are four main transit lines that pass through Nenagh, arriving into the town from various directions. These routes are the 322, 323, 324 and Dublin Airport – Limerick Institute of Technology service.
- 322: The number 322 travels southbound from Lorrha to Nenagh. If using this service please alight at Kickham Street. The venue is approximately 400m from this bus stop. Head east on Kickham Street for roughly 50m, turning right at the roundabout onto Pearse Street. Continue in a southwest direction, heading straight on at the crossroads. After this stage, the test site will be around 20m away, located on your left-hand side.
- 323: This bus originates at Limerick Colbert station, and terminates in Drummin Village, just north of Nenagh. The service travels in a northeast/southwest direction. Again, please exit at Kickham Street bus stop, and follow the onwards travel route described in the notes for the number 322.
- 324: This service heads south from Kilbarron Village towards Nenagh. To access the test site, please leave the bus at Bamba Square, and walk southbound towards Kickham Street. After turning left and progressing 50m, this route meets Kickham Street bus stop, so please refer back to the guidance back.
- Dublin Airport – Limerick Institute of Technology: This bus operates between Dublin Airport in the east and Limerick in the west. There is a vast array of variations to this route, with all but one passing through Nenagh. Please avoid the Dublin Airport – Laois Shopping Centre service, as this line terminates before reaching Nenagh. Again, please exit at Kickham Street bus stop.
There is also a local bus network in and around the surrounding area of Nenagh. If you’re a resident in close proximity to the town, it may be worth also consulting these routes. If an appropriate one is available, please head to either the aforementioned Kirkham Street stop, Ashe Road bus stop, or Nenagh Station.
If alighting at Ashe Road, please adhere to the following onwards travel instructions below:
Head eastbound on Ashe Road for around 200m, before turning right onto Hanly’s Place and progressing 125m to the end of the road. At the junction turn left onto Sarsfield Street, but then immediately right to head down Mitchell Street. Advance for 150m, and then turn right onto Silver Street. From here the venue is 20m away, located on the opposite of the road. For route guidance from Nenagh Station stop, please see train station notes, as this bus stop sits adjacently to the station building.
For further information on any of the bus routes discussed, please visit Nenagh’s ‘Moovit’ homepage, available through this link.
Nenagh Train Station is positioned approximately 450m away from the testing venue. Head west on Martyr’s Road, turning right at the roundabout onto Kenyon Street. Head north for roughly 400m, as the route overlaps the onwards journey from Kenyon Street Car Park. As per previous guidance, please then turn left onto Silver Street, citing the test centre around 20m up on your left-hand side.
Please note that Nenagh station sits on the Dublin to Limerick line. To check whether this passes through your local train station, and to understand potential departure and arrival times, please visit the relevant Irish Rail webpage.
Nenagh’s theory test venue operates between the following hours:
- Monday-Friday: 9.00am-5.00pm
- Saturday: 9.00am-2.00pm
- Please note that this site is closed on a Sunday.